Rubbish Video Producer

As well as my role in marketing I was also in charge of designing, filming and editing together short videos for the beginnings of our scenes. After talks with our director, I had a pretty good idea of what to include in each video that would capture our theme of madness. The first video was titled ‘The Birth of Madness’ which featured baby lambs and flowers blooming to represent new life, however the video was then shifted to show insects and virus’ being born still representing new life but in a less conventional way. The way I shifted between the two different was by using an after effect called ‘Bad TV’ that I installed onto my ‘Final Cut Pro’ video editing software which represented our two worlds of madness and sanity. The next video I made was titled ‘The Therapist’ and was to represent our protagonist’s time spent with his therapist, a notebook, pen and mug appeared on the desk after the same ‘Bad TV’ interference to show how even in the man’s real world his madness effects his everyday life. Finally, the last piece of video footage I made was ‘Sadism’ which was to show how we have normalised violence and how we even take pleasure in watching violence and pain being inflicted on others. When designing these videos I made a conscious decision to include clips of both Adolf Hitler and Winston Churchill to show how both sides of World War II were responsible for inflicting pain on others and causing violence. I also included footage of North Korean troops as well as street fighting and boxing to show how we have normalised violence, again each of these pieces of footage were transitioned using the ‘Bad TV’ effect so the consistency was solid throughout all videos. Over all of the videos I also added a white noise sound effect of TV interference to add to the TV theme we had running through our piece.